20 June 2021
Design of Experiments and Robust Design (DoE-for-RD)
To register contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To answer the following questions, some suggestions on:
- To implement an experimental design (e.g., fractional factorial) for robust design: basic elements (concepts); first questions/answers (e.g., which factors to choose? Is it necessary to replicate, if so how ? how to build the experimental design ?)
- To Plan a DoE: design construction and evaluation of the external environment
- How to include environmental sources ? how to evaluate them ?
- What statistical model against the planned DoE ? how to get the most reliable parameter estimates while doing the robust design ?
Objectives and contents
The objective of the meeting is to provide some food for thought and discussion starting from simple basic concepts of statistics and experimental design for robust design.
The proposed webinar, "Design of experiments and robust design", is a first event that will be followed by a second in-depth study, useful to clarify what must be the skills and tools needed for a robust process optimization, widely used, sometimes not completely and up-to-date, in technology and industry.
The contents of the seminar cover:
- Basic concepts of DoE
- Some examples
- How to build a design matrix
- Examples of experimental designs
- The concept of noise (environmental variable);
- Robust Design and Noise Assessment in DoE
- Which Statistical Model?
- Case Study
Questions on the topics covered and discussion
Technicians and designers
Addressees to the quality control
PhD in Applied Statistics, Full Professor of Statistical Quality Control and Statistics for Technology Experimentation at the University of Florence, Schools of: Economics and Management, and Engineering. She belongs to the Department of Statistics, Computer Science and Applications G. Parenti (DISIA). His research activity is diversified and concerns the fields of Design of experiments, methodology of response surfaces, robust optimization of process and multiresponse, optimal designs.
In these areas he is author and co-author of several scientific publications on national and international journals and invited speeches at conferences. He holds several institutional positions both in teaching and research.
For further details see:
Some recent publications of the speaker on the topic of the seminar
1. Arcidiacono G., Berni R., Cantone L., Placidoli P., 2016, "Kriging models for payload-distribution optimization of freight trains", International Journal of Production Research, ISSN: 0020-7543, Vol.55, pp. 4878-4890, DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2016.1268275
2. Adamo F., Berni R., Di Nisio A., Scarano V.L., Spadavecchia M., 2015, "Optimization of ADC Channels of A Smart Energy Meter Including Random Noise Effects", Quality and Reliability Engineering International, Vol. 31, pp.: 1209-1222. DOI: 10.1002/qre.1838.
3. Berni R., Bertocci F., Nikiforova N.D, Vining G.G. 2019. A Tutorial on Randomizing versus Not Randomizing Split-Plot Experiments. Quality Engineering, pp. 1-29, ISSN:0898-2112. https://doi.org/10.1080/08982112.2019.1617422
Seminar delivery modes
platform / participants registration gmeet
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)